StrangeHood

A Reverts Guide to Islam

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Learn Ayat Al-Kursi

This site is a wonderful way for non arab speakers to learn Ayat Al-kursi.

http://www.mounthira.com/learning/ayat/alkursi/ayatulkursi/

"The merits of Ayat al-Kursi have been mentioned in numerous hadiths. Although the Quran itself and every verse therein are of excellence, Ayat al-Kursi is certainly the most excellent verse of all its verses. This verse is called Ayat al-Kursi due to the word “Kursi” being mentioned in it. Of all the chapters in the Quran, the most excellent chapter is Surat al-Ikhlas, and the most excellent verse is Ayat al-Kursi. One virtue of Ayat al-Kursi is that more reward is obtained for reading it than any other verse.  

The reason why Ayat al-Kursi is the most excellent verse, is that this verse mentions the names of Allah Most High more than any other verse (i.e. this verse contains the most remembrance (dhikr) of Allah Most High). For example
, some verses of the Quran may mention the names of Allah Most High two times, some may mention the names of Allah Most High four times, and some ten times. But in Ayat al-Kursi, the names of Allah Most High have been mentioned seventeen times. Ayat al-Kursi mentions six attributes (sifat) of Allah Most High, all six being mentioned in this single verse. The attributes mentioned are: the Divine Oneness (Wahdaniyyah) of Allah Most High, His Life (Hayah), His Knowledge (‘Ilm), His Kingdom (Mulk), His Divine Power (Qudrah) and His Will (Iradah).

Al-Bukhari narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) appointed me to guard the Ramadan Zakah. Someone came and started taking some of the food. I grabbed hold of him and said, "I am going to take you to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him)!" He said, "Let me be, for I am in need and I have children and I am in great need." So I let him go. The following morning, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Abu Hurayrah, what did your prisoner do last night?" I said, "Messenger of Allah, he complained of being in great need and having children to look after, so I took pity on him and let him go." He said, "But he was lying, and he will be back." So I knew that he would come back, because of what the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) had said. I lay in wait for him, and he came and started taking some of the food. I grabbed hold of him and said, "I am going to take you to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him)!" He said, "Let me be, for I am in need and I have children. I will not come back again." So I took pity on him and let him go. The following morning, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Abu Hurayrah, what did your prisoner do last night?' I said, "Messenger of Allah, he complained of being in great need and having children to look after, so I took pity on him and let him go." He said, "But he was lying, and he will be back." So I lay in wait for him on the third night, and he came and started taking some of the food. I grabbed hold of him and said, "I am going to take you to the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him)! This is the third and last time. You said that you would not come back, then you did come back." He said, "Let me go, and I will teach you some words by which Allah will benefit you." I said, "What are they?" He said, "When you lie down in your bed, recite Ayat Al-Kursi- [Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, the Ever-Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…] (Al-Baraqah: 255) until the end of the verse, then you will have a protector from Allah and no devil will come near you until morning comes." Then I let him go. The following morning, the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "What did your prisoner do last night?" I said, "Messenger of Allah, he claimed that he would teach me some words by which he said Allah would benefit me, then I let him go." He asked, "What are they?" I said, "He told me, when you lie down in your bed, recite Ayat Al-Kursi from the beginning to the end of the verse- [Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, the Ever-Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…] (Al-Baraqah: 255). And he told me, 'You will have a protector from Allah and no devil will come near you until morning comes.' The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "He indeed told you the truth, although he is a liar. Do you know who you have been speaking with for the past three nights, Abu Hurayrah?" I said, "No." He said, "That was a devil."

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "In Surat Al-Baqarah there is a verse which is the best of all the verses of the Qur'an. It is never recited in a house but Ash-Shaytan leaves: Ayat Al-Kursi."

Concerning the fact that it includes the greatest name of Allah, Imam Ahmad said: It was narrated that Asma' bint Yazeed ibn As-Sakan said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) say about these two verses- [Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, the Ever-Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists…] (Al-Baraqah: 255) and [Alif. Laam. Meem. Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but He, the Ever-Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists] (Aal `Imran: 1-2)- that they contain the greatest name of Allah. (Reported by Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi.)"

0 comments:

Post a Comment